The goal of our website is to provide you with information regarding our company, products and services, and to enable us to respond to your inquiries, applications and requests. This policy explains:
• The type of information we may collect about you via our website
• How we may use that information
• With whom that information may be shared
• How we protect the information we collect about you
• What choices are available to you regarding your information
• How you can contact us regarding this policy and your personal information
Please note that this policy applies to personally and non-personally identifiable information collected only online via www.UAC.com and any other company website on which this policy is posted. This policy does not apply to information collected by the company through any other means. When this policy uses the term “personally identifiable information” or “personal information,” we mean information that identifies a particular individual, such as the individual’s first or last name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, social security number, or any other information that permits the physical or online contacting of you. When other information is directly associated with personally identifiable information, this other information also becomes personally identifiable information for purposes of this policy.
If you are a California resident, please see “California Privacy Rights” below for a statement regarding your specific rights under California privacy laws. As explained below, you may contact us at privacy@UAC.com, or at P.O. Box 398104, Minneapolis, MN 55439-8104.
Please be sure to read this entire policy before using or submitting personal information via our website. When you access, use or submit personal information via our website, you consent to the collection, processing, use, and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this policy.
Changes To This Policy
We reserve the right to change this policy at any time in our sole discretion and without prior notice to you. Any changes to this policy (with the effective date listed at the end of the policy) will be posted on the website when they take effect. We encourage you to review our policy regularly for changes and to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
The Type Of Information We May Collect; How We May Use It
In general, you can visit our website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. The company does, however, offer website visitors the opportunity to contact, communicate and transact business with us directly via our website. If you choose to take advantage of any of these opportunities, we may ask that you voluntarily provide us with personal information to facilitate the communication or transaction. More specifically, we may collect and store personal information when you voluntarily provide it to us via our website, such as by:
• Completing and submitting any of the electronic inquiry, information request, contact or comment forms made available to you.
• Sending us email through any of the email addresses provided via the website.
• Registering, applying for or setting up an account with the company via any of our websites.
• Accessing or using any password-protected portions of our website or any customer or employee-specific portions of the website.
• Signing up for company email alerts or for one or more of our mailing lists.
• Submitting a resume to us via email or other means made available through any of our websites.
• Requesting information from us.
• Conducting other online transactions with us.
In connection with these activities, we may collect various types of personal information from you, including your first and last name, job title, company or business name, physical street address, e-mail address, telephone number, fax number, social security number, other demographic information, username, password and any other personal information you provide. If you do not wish to submit personal information to us via our website, we encourage you not to engage in any of the activities listed above.
The personal information that you provide to us via one or more of our websites may be stored, processed and used by us (at our discretion) for the following purposes:
• To fulfill information requests and enable the company to respond to questions.
• To process and track applications, and transact business with you.
• To review, evaluate and respond to job applications and resumes you submit to us.
• Internal record keeping.
• To improve our products and services, and to develop new products and services.
• To periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• To contact you from time to time. We may contact you by email, phone, fax, mail or text message.
• To compile, generate and/or analyze information for trends and statistics.
• To track whether leads and applications arise from user contacts with us.
• For internal marketing and research purposes, and to learn about customer needs and interests.
• To customize our website according to your interests.
• To complete the application process, activate, maintain and/or administer your account(s) with us. This may include providing information to a reputable credit bureau or similar information reporting agency.
• To help conduct internal reviews of, administer, address problems with, modify and improve our website.
• To protect the security and/or integrity of our website.
• To make our website easier to use by eliminating the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information.
• To match personal information collected via our website with information about you collected offline, including, but not limited to, for purposes of ensuring its accuracy.
• To notify you about changes to our website, including without limitation this policy.
• Any other purposes authorized by you or for any other purposes disclosed on our website at the time you provide your personal information.
Non-Personal Information; Cookies
As part of the standard operation of our website, we may use technology to collect certain aggregate and non-personally identifiable information concerning our users, including, but not limited to, your computer’s IP address, domain name from which you accessed our website (e.g., google.com), browser type (e.g., Chrome or IE), pages viewed, the date and time you visited our website, operating system (e.g., Windows or Macintosh), Internet Service Provider (“ISP”), the areas or pages of our website that you visit, the amount of time spent viewing our website, the number of times you return to our website, and other click-stream data.
Non-personal information that we may collect from you via our website is not used by us to personally identify you. Instead this information may be compiled and/or analyzed by us on an aggregated basis to measure our users’ habits. This helps us to measure the use of our website, improve the content, functionality and operation of our website and to better understand and serve our users.
We may also utilize "cookies" in connection with our website. A cookie is a small data file that is stored on your computer's hard drive. They enable servers to recognize your computer when it visits a website again (which, in some cases, eliminates the need to re-enter your information). Cookies help website owners analyze data about web page traffic and improve site functionality to meet customer needs or desires. Cookies also allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can then tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. Overall, cookies help provide you with better websites, by enabling website owners to understand which web pages you find useful and which you do not.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. The "help" segment of the toolbar on most browsers typically explains how to configure a browser to reject new cookies, how to have the browser inform a user when they receive a new cookie, and how to erase cookies from a computer's hard drive. However, disabling cookies may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website you are browsing.
With Whom Your Information May Be Shared
We may disclose personal and non-personal information among our subsidiary, affiliated and parent companies for marketing, promotional and business purposes. This would include our affiliated company, Interstate Auto Group, Inc. as well as any of its subsidiaries, all of which do business as CarHop.
Like most companies, we hire third parties such as agents and contractors to provide certain administrative and other business-related services on our behalf (e.g. accountants, shipping companies, companies that help administer our website or process transactions for us, etc.). We may disclose personal and non-personal information to these third-party service providers as needed to perform the services for which they have been hired.
In addition, we may disclose personal and non-personal information outside of our company if you direct us to do so, or if we are required to do so as specified in more detail in “Disclosure Exceptions” below.
Notwithstanding the above policies, we reserve the right to disclose, without notice to you, your personal information to appropriate third parties if we are required to do so by law or we believe that such action is necessary:
• To comply with legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order.
• To protect the company’s rights and property or defend against legal claims.
• To protect any other party’s rights, property, and safety.
• To report to any law enforcement agency any activities that we, in good faith, believe to be unlawful.
• To investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving harassment, abusive messages or potential threats to the physical safety of any persons.
• To protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our website.
• During emergencies, such as when we believe someone's physical safety is at risk.
• In the event that one or more of our companies is ever sold, acquired, merged, liquidated, reorganized, or otherwise transferred, we reserve the right to transfer our user databases, together with any personal and non-personal information contained therein, to the third party acquiring the respective company.
Under the United States Patriot Act, we may be restricted from notifying individuals that such information has been disclosed.
Our website and any products or services provided via our website are not intended to target, and are not structured to attract, children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from or about children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly market our products and services to children under the age of 13. If we discover personal information submitted via one or more of our websites from a child under the age of 13, we will eliminate that information. If a parent or guardian notifies us that we have unknowingly collected (via one or more of our websites) personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will eliminate that information at the parent or guardian’s request.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies", text files that are stored on your computer and allow an analysis of your use of the website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the site are usually sent to a server of Google in the U.S. and stored there. In the case of activation of the IP anonymization on the website, the IP address will be truncated by Google within Member States of the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases, the full IP address is sent to a Google server in the USA and is shortened there. On behalf of us, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity together and to provide other services related to the website and internet use. The IP address submitted by your browser will not be merged with other data held by Google. You can prevent the storage of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings in your browser, we point out, however, that in this case you might not be able to use all the features of our website. You can also prevent the collection of the data generated by the cookie relating to the use of the site (including your IP address) to Google and the processing of these data by Google by following the link below and downloading and installing the available browser plug-in. The current link is http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
Our company strives to provide both functionality and security to our employees and users of the website and other systems we maintain. Our approach to security involves many different facets including, but not limited to, firewalls, proxy servers, Secure Socket Layer (SSL) certificates, password policies, data encryption and Virtual Private Network (VPN) clients.
Unfortunately, no electronic communication over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to take great care to protect your personal information, we cannot warrant the security of any information that you submit to us via the internet, and you do so at your own risk. We urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet. Change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure browser. Also, remember to sign off of our website and close your browser window when you are finished. This is to help ensure that others cannot pose as you online.
Links To Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest, which are owned, operated and/or controlled by third parties or our affiliates. However, once you have used these links to leave our website, you should note that we may not have any control over the other third-party website you visit. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the content, security and/or privacy of any information which you provide while visiting third-party websites, and such websites are not governed by this policy. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to each website in question before browsing that site and submitting personal information over the Internet.
California Privacy Rights
Under California's "Shine the Light" law, California residents who have an established business relationship with us and provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us (once per calendar year) information about the customer information we have shared, if any, with third parties for their own direct marketing use. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information shared and the names and addresses of those third parties with whom we shared customer information. For instance, we may share customer information with Interstate Auto Group, Inc. or its subsidiaries regarding a customer’s change of address, payments, or transaction or experience information.
The information we will provide in response to your request would be for the immediately preceding calendar year. For example, if you make a request during the 2012 calendar year that is covered under the law, we will provide you with information regarding any sharing activities covered under this law during the 2011 calendar year.
Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the "Shine the Light" requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
To obtain this information please contact us as set forth below under “How to Contact Us,” and include "Request for California Privacy Information" in the subject line of your correspondence. If your request is covered under the law, we will provide the requested information to you in writing or at the e-mail address you provide.
Additional California Online Privacy Protection Act Disclosures
We currently do not collect Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) from visitors to our website. Because of this, we do not respond to do not track signals concerning PII in Web browsers (although as discussed in “Tracking Tools” above, we do respond to do not track signals regarding non-PII).
There is an exception. As discussed in “Personal Information” above, website visitors who choose to communicate with us via our website, such as by submitting an online application or contacting us via our website, will be sharing their PII with us. But after their online application or contact is completed, we do not track any future web activity from that visitor.
We also currently do not authorize third parties to collect PII from visitors to our website.
UAC and CarHop purchases its receivables from Interstate Auto Group d/b/a CarHop (“IAG”), which originates the financing on every receivable owned by UAC and CarHop. UAC and IAG are separate companies. UAC and CarHop employees cannot provide any information on IAG accounts.
UAC and CarHop/IAG are not credit repair companies. Customers do not pay UAC or CarHop/IAG to help them improve their credit. The only credit benefits customers receive result from making their payments in a timely manner and otherwise performing under their contract with UAC or CarHop/IAG.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about this policy, if you are a California resident and would like to make a request for California privacy information, if you would like to review, update, correct and/or delete any personal information that you provided us via our website, or for other online privacy inquiries, please contact us at privacy@UAC.com, or at: P.O. Box 398104, Minneapolis, MN 55439-8104.
* UAC and CarHop’s subsidiary companies currently include: Universal Acceptance Corporation (CA), Universal Acceptance Corporation (CO), Universal Acceptance Corporation (IA), Illinois UAC Corporation, Universal Acceptance Corporation (KS), Universal Acceptance Corporation (MN), Universal Acceptance Corporation (MN-AR), Universal Acceptance Corporation (MO), Universal Acceptance Corporation (NE), Universal Acceptance Corporation (OK), Universal Acceptance Corporation (OR), Universal Acceptance Corporation (PA), Universal Acceptance Corporation (SD), Universal Acceptance Corporation (TX), Universal Acceptance (UT) Corporation, Universal Acceptance Corporation (WA), and Universal Acceptance Corporation (WI).
Updated: December 30, 2013
©2017 UAC and CarHop